Monday, December 12, 2005

Dating post Day 1

Alright, lets see. I said I was going to do a dating week. Today is still monday for 21 minutes. I believe that still counts.

8minutedating.com
Alright I went to one of these events today. I had a really good time actually. I was very surprised by the quality of girls that were there. In fact of the 8 that I dated only two do I really not want to see again. There was one that I really liked and really hope that she matches with me. Still if she doesn't that is fine. Still got to remember, well you don't have to remember anything as I haven't said anything. One thing to know is that going with no expectation is the best way to go. From what I have read it is none of my business what they think of me. Plus why would it matter there are plenty of women out there.

Before I talk about the ladies one thing I want to say that I went mostly for me. I was proud with the conversation that I was having. I was happy with my eye contact. I broke it a couple of times however that is mostly when I was trying to think of something. When I try to think I tend to look at certain directions. Maybe I should work on this. I would give my performance a C+. I think I made every girl laugh. I could of been better, but I was very good for me.

Here is how my dates went. (this is the nice short version)

Date 1: Lisa - This girl was 44. How do I know she was 44? Because she told me about 10 times. At least it felt like 10 times. For 44 she was very attractive. I would not put her over 35. Maybe even go younger. However she kept on mentioning the fact that the age difference is so big that I know there is no chance at all. Even though she said that she had an open mind. This is a good lesson. It is not a big deal unless you make it a big deal.

Date 2: Jill - This lady had a pretty smile. I liked her laugh. She has a dog. She was fun to talk to. I think I did a good job with her. I really don't remember much of the conversation. I mostly remember fun. That is what I am going for.

Date 3: Anne Marie - This is an interesting woman. She had a very pretty smile and was fun to talk to. She was a saleswoman and felt like I was talking to a salewoman. In fact if I had to pick one of them as a saleswoman out of a lineup, I would pick her. Not saying that is a bad thing. Sometimes it is weird how people can look like their job. One reason I am happy when people are surprised that I am in the tech industry.

Date 4: Irena - I don't think she was interested in me. Maybe it was the fact that she was close to the speaker and could barely hear what I was saying. Still I saw no signs of interest from her. It was interesting hearing about other cultures.

Date 5: Stephanie - This woman was a little older. I don't know how old but would be fun to talk to again. She was a short cute little woman. I enjoyed talking to her. She likes college football. Any girl who likes football gets an A+ in my book.

Date 6: Kate - Tall fun blonde. That is what I remember from her. Don't really remember the conversation. I wonder if that is a difference between men and women. They probably remember most of what was said. I can barely remember any of it. Still she was to talk to. I remember that. She was a dragged along. She is from DC. She reaffirmed the fact that eastcoasters do not like camping.

Date 7: Amelia - This girl was interesting. I remember most of our conversation since most of the conversation was talking about our 8minutedating experience. She is an face talker. That is so cute. She dragged Jill along.

Date 8: Jodie - This girl seems like a fun girl to know. Very easy to talk to. Would make a great friend I believe. She really likes Seinfield. That came up in the conversation by the fact that I asked her how she was enjoying her 8 minute dating experience. She gave a long drawn out good. Which of course I called her on as being a bad sign. you don't say goooOOD. Well she mentioned by how high you point on your face. Perfect Seinfield reference.

Well there is my dating in the nutshell. All in all a good experience. It is one that I am going to do again.

Random Thought of the DayI am hoping the noises from my stomach didn't scare the girls too much :).

2 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Woody! said...

I almost went on one of those but backed out at the last minute due to a couple issues to long to go into in this comment. It seems like it was interesting for you, although it might be awkward if you end up with one of those girls who came with their friend. I mean, especially if you chose one and not the other.

Also, good idea to go in with no expectations. If an opportunity comes up for me to try this, I just might do it. If I don't back out at the last minute. :)

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you may try this dating website and thats all for free with webcam messenger and all online dating services
http://www.dateamour.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home