Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hurry please hurry

I am stupid. I got my cell phone smashed. Must of dropped out of my pocket when I was on my way to speed dating and then got ran over by a car. I odn't know my account number. I don't know anything. I need a new phone. I am sad about that. Well not too sad. Gives me an excuse to waste money on a new cell phone. It will be annoying putting all those numbers back. All those ladies. ha ha haha. I dissed myself.

*yawn* Must finish or I will never remember.

Hurry Date VERSUS 8minutedating
If you read my blog you know I have done 8minutedating. Well to try something different I tried one called hurry date. Well first I will tell you to never do hurrydate. I ordered this date about 2 months ago and the original one was cancelled. Well thinking that this one might be full after months of cancellations there were 7 women and 11 men. Also in 8minutedates your seating arrangement is random. This allows you to be NOT next to roomates (which girls always travel in 2s) and to not be by the same guy. Why is that a problem? Well the dates tend to mix when you are buy the same guy. He can kind of hear you and you can kind of hear him and it is almost like mixing dates. Mostly since the guy who I was next too was a guy who I haven't seen since highschool. Which is always weird seeing a guy you haven't seen since highschool at a speed dating. Small world I guess.

Also I heard it is hard to get your money back after a cancellation. So I just think you should stick with 8minutedating. I am doing one next week. I could probably get you in if you are female.

The main event

I am going to try to keep this in order. You are given a number by when you arrived and that is how it works. Which means that my card is in the order of the women that arrived and not of when I met them. So this will be a little harder to keep them in order.

Cara #1. This one is easy to get in order because she was the first one I talked to. She is awesome. A real people person. She loves wine. I was off on this conversation. I will be surprised if I get a match with her or her friend. But she was really nice and attractive. She is a southern belle from florida. I should of asked her if she was a Dolphin fan. Grrr.

Meaghan #7 I should of done this right when I went home. I don't remember much about her. Oh yea, she lives in west seattle, however close to white center. Told scary stories of living in the ghetto. Like someone walking up to her house and saying he was blind and needed a dollar. She seemed fun.

Amelia #6
She is a cutie. The roomate of Meaghan. Did a lot of talking to her through looks and laughing when I was near them. She offered me one of her quesdillas. I took one and she said I passed her test. She seemed like a nice girl. Holy crap, I am tired i just can't remember. Probably too much worrying about my stupid cell phone.

Sarah #3 If I would just pick one to like me I would pick this one. She was fun to talk to. Funny I can't remember what we talked about, all I remember is fun. She is also pretty. Wow, I don't know why I can't remember.

Kati #4 If I were to pick any girl for Mike this would be the one. She seemed creative and fun to hang around. Pretty enough. I mean she isn't super hot or anything but she is pretty. She was also fun to talk to. I wish I took more notes. My notes for her. "Fun. Black hair." I do remember one thing (her roomate was Sarah :)). When I saw her name I said, "Ooo kati with an i"> Then she said, "So far everyone has said that." Then I said, "That is because we are so original." That got a laugh out of her and her roomate. It is not very funny. I know.

Kate #5 This one didn't go well at all. First she talked to her roomate for the first 2 minutes. I kind of wish it lasted the entire 5. Because the next 3 minutes were BRUTAL!! Holy crap I never done so bad. I think I even did better with the woman murder joke. Basically I learned she was trying to be a psychatrist. I don't care about spelling, eff off. Well I mentioned how this evening could be extra fun due to the fact that she could be well interested in people and how they do things since you know that is her field. Apperently that was a HUGE button that she didn't want pressed. Made it seem like I thought she could tell my hole life story by our first minute together. Her exact words is "People think we have super powers". I was like wow. I know I am kind of an amateur psychologist and I found it intersting and thought it could lead to an interesting conversation. What it did lead to was silence. Stupid question to break the silence and then more silence. Worst 2 minutes of speed dating ever. Well the stupid mexico bitch was worse.

BREAK

Since there was more men then women I had a 10 minute break. Well the best part about this break is the fact that the guy I went to highschool with actually got into an arguement with the girl. Well Cara had to move so there wasn't a 15 minute break for the guys. So cara was now in a new spot. My ex-PE mate was convinced that they had a date before. "they hadn't". So their first 3 minutes was actually a pretty heated debate on if they talked before. Cara being the sweetheart that she is didn't get mad at all. What a girl. Well after she finally convinced him that they didn't have a 5 minute date before he back down and said, "Well were can we go from here". I said "You can only go up." She said, "Nowhere."


Samantha
She was the roomate of Cara. She is awesome too. A lot of just awesome women at this event. Like ones I would love to be friends with. This girl was very fun to talk to. Very easy to talk to. Like all speed dating events most of the talk was this event. Learned that her entire family was tall. I didn't want to stop talking to her.

Closing
That was fun, I am tired. Doubt I will get a match. There are 4 I would really want to talk to again to at least befriend.

Random Thought of the Day
Stupid life. Car. Phone. Bills. It never ends.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Woody! said...

I still haven't tried the speed-dating thing yet. It's something I would have to research and pay money for, so maybe that's two things that are holding me back.

And I never knew that, even in speed dating, bad conversation could lead to a long, painful paise. I thought that was one of the benefits of speed-dating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home